20081117

Praise

For fat, thick drops of rain trickling down my scalp. For things that can be reused and thus become more beautiful. For children who say hello to you not to impress their friends or feel brave, but just because they want to say hello. Praise for autumn. Praise for earth. Praise for praise.

I am grateful today for beautiful things, and how their existence has a way of making the not-so-beautiful things around them look something closer to beautiful. Sometimes the beautiful things are artwork, sometimes cups of tea, sometimes dear friends. Regardless, they make life precious. Praise for precious life.

I have been in Japan for two-and-a-half months. Sometimes living here is horribly difficult. But tonight, at least, it is beautiful. I light some candles and listen to the rain tap dancing on my sun roof. Life becomes simple. Thank God for simple life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad. I think that when we learn to truly live a life of praise, it all just kind of melts into place. At least our Priority is in its right place. I smell a Radiohead song coming on...

All of that to say, I'm learning more about simplicity and things being in their right place and seeing the beauty when I don't want to believe that it can exist here. Changing seasons are always good.

Danica said...

just wanted to say I'm so glad you blog.